This programme will oversee and co-ordinate the key activities that contribute to the “communities” theme within the SCS and related SCS priorities. These will include:
- Neighbourhood management, in particular, response to neighbourhood charters
- Development of Community Wellbeing Hubs with a particular focus on the role of Libraries, Adult Learning and Community Arts
- Development of the annual community engagement plan, including oversight of the work commissioned from Peter Fletcher Associates
- Directorate contribution to the Equalities framework
- Links to regeneration strategies
- Prevention commissioning strategies
The scope of this programme is all adults, regardless of eligibility for social care funding or level of need, the primary focus is on those with low level needs rather than those with complex or specialist needs.